Diet Plan, Weight Loss, easy weight loss, lose weight fast
You flip through the pages of a magazine, when your gaze halts at the sight of a woman with
an hourglass figure. Your heart cringes, screaming ‘Wish I could be like her’. Doesn’t this
sound familiar to you? If yes, have you ever thought what all it takes you to be in shape and
stay fit in a healthier way.
Weight loss is not a one-time plan. You need to be consistent and have a structured
approach towards achieving and maintaining it throughout your life. Diet and exercise are
two inevitable components of this process. Both these aspects in turn play a key role in
maintaining your body’s metabolism.
Let’s begin with the understanding of few facts:
- What your body comprises of is more important than what you weigh. The greater
the percentage of lean muscle mass in your body, the higher is your metabolic rate.
Thus, greater is the efficiency of your body to lose weight. This is because lean
muscle mass burns more calories than any other part of the body.
- Proteins should account for 15 to 20 percent of the total daily intake.
Eg: Moong, matki, chavali, Kabuli chana, rajma, soybean 4-5 times a week in form of
usal/ sprouts. Add sprouts in salad, sabzi, parathas, Kurmura bhel. Prefer egg white
(2-3 times a week), Chicken (once a week); fish (2-3 times a week). Prefer skimmed
milk, curd, low fat paneer & low fat cheese.
- If you want to lose weight fast, focus should not only be on body weight but also on
positive body fat percentage change. Eating more frequently will help your ensure
your metabolic rate is ticking throughout the day. If your body is deprived of a
regular supply of calories, it will enter into a ‘’starvation mode’’, during which your
metabolism will slow down and store excess energy as fat. This explains why many
people fall prey to the trap of yo-yo dieting syndrome while trying to lose weight.
- Regular exercise help you increase lean muscle mass in the body and also revs up
your metabolism. A combination of strength training program like weight lifting and
resistance training and aerobic exercises will help you burn excess fat.
- Aiming to lose weight in a short span is not considered safe. Losing about ½ kgs per
week should be the norm.
A nutritionist will guide you through a proper diet plan tailored as per your needs and
medical conditions, if any. Restriction of calories per menu plan will vary from one
individual to the other. However, you need to pay heed to some of the general
guidelines as follows:
- Adopt healthier methods of cooking like roasting, steaming, grilling, baking,
boiling instead of deep-frying to minimize oil consumption.
- Sugar, jaggery, honey to be consumed as per individual diet plan.
- Read nutrition labels carefully while purchasing ready to eat foods for the
presence of sodium, sugar, fat etc.
- While eating out, avoid buffet as it can keep you away from going overboard.
Make wise menu selections while placing an order. Nowadays, many restaurants
offer a wider range of healthy choices. Ask for your vegetable and main course
to be served without the sauces and dressings. Sharing appetizers, deserts with
dining partners is a great idea. It allows you to sample something you really want
to have while resisting your urge to overindulge.